Monday, April 26, 2010

BBT Final Table

I can't find the words to describe how bummed I am right now. I ran great in this tourney and couldn't get the TOC seat. I came to the final table with the chip lead, took out a short stack's AK w/KJ, and it all went to shit after that. Whenever I made a raise with a marginal hand, I was reraised. When I had a hand, my raise was called and I totally missed and they hit. There was one spot where I'm not sure if I made the right play.

6 players left. I have 52k or so.
Blinds were 1200/2400
All in at 420 rs to 6000 from the cutoff.
Button folds
Ftrain pushes all in from the small blind for 54k
I have 52k in the BB w/TT.......and fold

I'm questioning myself here. 420 was raising a lot of hands which would open Ftrains shove range. Looking back, I think that I should have called. I was definitely shoving over 420's raise but hate to be the caller w/TT. Winning that hand would've put me back in the chip lead and maybe a run to the final 2. Any thoughts?

7 comments:

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

I don't see myself calling there. With the two raisers in front of you on such a short table, you basically have to know you are racing vs at least one of these players, and could easily be dominated by a higher pair from one of them as well. The more I think about it, with this stack and with this much at stake, I am confortable that the fold is the right play.

What you would have gone on to do if you had played that hand of course is not relevant to the analysis. You played great but just couldn't get there at the end. It happens, you'll be back there again soon enough.

PokahDave said...

You played as well as anybody at the final table. I was thinking how tough MS made that final table. That must have been tough.

BWoP said...

Congrats on the deep run . . . I know the feeling though (went out in 4th last Sunday).

But . . . plenty more chances to nab that TOC seat. See you there!

lightning36 said...

I was cringing when it looked like things went south for you. Great run, though. You made it to the final table and had a shot. That is where we all try to get, right?

Best of luck next time -- unless I am also at the table!

Fred aka TwoBlackAces said...

I guess I'll be in the minority, but I'm calling in that spot every single time. Having said that, I don't fault you nor do I think the fold was a mistake.

FTrain's shove in my view was light, as he too should have been looking to pop 420 who was very active.

Jeremy said...

Fred. I call there a lot, but I was trying to survive and get the TOC seat. Didn't want to race in that spot.

jamyhawk said...

playing to win, you call.

playing to survive, you fold.

Tough to judge when to do which. I commonly pick the wrong choice.

Great run though. Go get it next one!