Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vegas plans....

I've got my Vegas plans set. I will be arriving early on Wed. June 17 and leaving on Monday June 22. The Venetian Deep Stack summer schedule just came out and they don't have one $330 tourney while I am there. I planned on playing a couple of those and trying to satellite into the $550 and the $1k. Last year I played in a couple of the Caesar's Mega Stack events which have great structures. Hopefully they will have a few of the smaller buy-in tourneys that week.

The last two year's I've played a tourney in the Binion's Summer Classic, a H.O.R.S.E and an Omaha/8 limit. They have great structures and treat the players very well. The lower limit cash O8 game and the 1-2 NL cash games were very soft. They don't have their 2009 schedule out yet but I hope that they will have an omaha or horse event that week.

As far as the BBT4 goes, I'm sitting in 7th place in the points with 7 events left in the month. I'm hoping to make a run at the monthly 2k prize. Last year I lost the 3rd month prize by just a few points. I got deep in the Mookie for the 2nd straight week only to lose to heffmike's donk preflop all in raise from sb into my KJ in the bb. He flips over T2o and takes me out. He did have me covered but I only had 4k back after posting the 1200 bb and I figured he would know my calling range had to be huge considering my stack size and pot odds. I just can't see how that play makes any sense.

Took the kids to see Race to Witch Mountain today. Pretty good movie with lots of action. The kids loved it.

Nice, my AQ just flopped qq6 rainbow i check raise late pos bettor he insta pushes with TT and hits his GD T on the river.....now I'm pissed L8

4 comments:

PokahDave said...

I still had donk fuggers chirping about the play and yes I know i was committed. I will destroy people going forward in the BBT!!!!good luck Shabazzzzzzzzzzzz (btw I though you were a chick until last week....lol)

TuscaloosaJohnny said...

I'll probably be in Vegas for the duration of the WSOP working for a website so we'll have to meet up. Always good battling you in the BBT.

jamyhawk said...

what's up shabazzzzzzzzz. thanks for the comments on my blog. I guess I'll be seeing you a lot in the BBT4 at the final tables (right next to me).

I'll throw up a link for your blog on my site. Later.

BWoP said...

Binion's schedule is now posted:

http://www.binions.com/gaming/poker_classic.html