Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Rant

I feel like I am playing better than I ever have but continue to get crushed by 2 and 3 outers when all of the chips are in. The play is so bad and I am continually getting my money in good and losing. I don't know how people can make the calls they are making with such marginal hands. And I mean calling, not raising or 3 betting but actually calling off their chips to a big reraise w/A rag or K5dd. Do I have to start playing like this to start winning again? I could never make the calls these guys do but they hit. I've had pretty good success in MTT's in the past but recently can't seem to get deep in anything. My style used to be what I thought was tight solid but I realized I was very passive. I would often end up at the money bubble as the short stack and have to win a lot of races to get deep. I was leaving a lot of chips on the table but I was still getting deep and winning money. After watching other successful players, I opened up my game and started taking down pots that I never would have in the past. But now I can't win a race when I need to or I isolate a raiser from the sb w/QQ and bb wakes up w/aa or calls off 3/4 of his stack w/a6 and hits. I try to keep a positive attitude and know that it is variance and things will turn around. But damn man the bad beats just don't stop and I know they are coming. Fairly deep in the 28k, I flop the nut flush from the bb in a 4 handed limped pot. UTG limper bets out and I check raise, cuz the way I'm running I don't want him to see any more cards. He reraises all in w/top pair (9) queen kicker and no flush draw. Well I know I'm fucked and he hits runner runner for a boat. It just seems so stupid. I can't win with sm pairs vs. overs, can't win w/overs vs. sm pairs. WTF do I do. Well, I won't be playing for a while since I donked most of my bankroll in Vegas and now at Full Tilt. A lot of expenses right now with kids going back to school, sports, and other things. Maybe I should try the Chris Ferguson experiment and freeroll to 10k. I've got a rakeback freeroll at the end of the month, hopefully I can do something in it.

5 comments:

SmBoatDrinks said...

Join the crowd Shabazz!

The beats are horrendous. I recommend the Ferguson Challenge. I started it in June w/$0.27 in my FTP account, and have grinded it up to $95.

Good Luck!

Boat

jamyhawk said...

I feel your pain. But I don't have the stomach for the Ferguson Challenge. Seems the lower the stakes the more atrocious the play.

Good luck grinding back up.

lightning36 said...

The aggressive style you mentioned had been very successful at the blogger events. I saw you continually force people to make tough big decisions.

Variance just sucks. But ... remember that things will eventually even out. For example ... on Saturday night I got ready to sit down at a Harrah's St Louis $1/2 NL table. I wasn't planning on being in the hand but the dealer was ready to deal me in. I looked down to find 10-10. New to the table, in early position, and not even being situated in my seat, I decided to limp in. Several people limped in. The flop: 3-3-10! Yadda yadda yadda -- I more than doubled up the first hand.

Poker is easy sometimes ...

Good luck. You'll break out sooner or later. Just hopefully sooner.

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ejyfurad.freecities.com/ewybysi.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]