Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nice river... and vegas plans

I called the LAG UTG raiser hoping to hit the flop here. Player behind me decided to call also. UTG player made a C bet on the flop which i decided to just call since there was a player left to act behind. Player behind called also. I figure with an overpair he would raise and a small chance he flats with a 4 but likely to raise w/the spades and 2 players in. So I put him on a draw.
The turn gives me a straight flush draw. Initial raiser bets again and I raise hoping both players fold. Player behind me reraises all in and I have to call hoping he doesn't have the full house. Sure enough he does but I hit the only card in the deck that could beat his full house. It feels good to be on the winning side of that for once.

This is the first time I have played a cash game in quite a while. I have always made a profit in cash games but I get very bored playing them. Usually when I go to Vegas I only play tournaments. I always plan on playing cash games but end up at the roulette or craps table. This year I am going to force myself to sit down and play, so I'm going to try and mix in some cash games with my daily tourneys and sngs.

As of right now, here are my tournament plans for my Vegas trip.
June 17- $200 O/8 limit at Binions
June 18- $300 NLHE at Caesar's
June 19- $300 NLHE at Caesar's
June 20- $500 NLHE Venetian
June 21-$500 NLHE at Caesar's
There is a $500 PLO at Venetian on the 19th that I will try to satellite into, as well as the 1k buy-in tourney on the 21st. I still haven't ruled out playing event 39 at the WSOP on the 20th. I may try to satellite in or I will need to win a seat or have another big cash in a MTT to be able to do so.

2 comments:

PokahDave said...

Nice...lol at the name 'jewfrojerome' also....

NewinNov said...

Good to know there are all those tournaments in Las Vegas.