Wednesday, February 10, 2010

10$ KO Tournament Recap

This was one of the few tournaments where I got a big stack early and was able stay near the top of the leaderboard the whole tournament. Once we got to the money, the table tightened up and seemed as if they were trying to move up in pay. I started playing very aggressive and moved to the top 3 of the leaderboard. I sensed that a couple of the players were getting frustrated with my aggressiveness and was waiting for them to play back at me. Then my best played hand of the tourney came. I raised with 8h9h from cutoff and the button reraised my bet 2.5x. He had his bet in about 3 seconds after my bet. I almost folded, but how quick he reraised made me think twice. I shipped my stack and he folded. Phew. I don't do that very often but I was pretty sure of my read.

I lost a couple of races and was the short stack entering the final table. I picked a few good spots and made it HU. The donkey had me by 4:1 chip ratio. I chipped away at his stack and then was able to double up, but went out when my 89 on a 89k flop was up against TT. Obviously a ten came on the river and I was out.

This was somewhat of a weird tourney for me. I didn't have very many big hands or suckouts. I took a lot of pots down pre flop or on the flop by reraising and isolating.

I feel like I am playing really good right now but haven't had the results. This will definitely help my confidence.

Good luck!

2 comments:

jamyhawk said...

Great job!

Having that confidence goes a long way. I feel that keeps you from tilting, or at least it makes it harder to tilt when you are confident that you are playing well.

SmBoatDrinks said...

Congrats Jeremy!

Keep up the good work!