Friday, February 26, 2010

Final table bubble



Kicking myself! Had a tough decision with 10 left for most of my chips with 3 smaller stacks than mine. I had about 10 bbs and utg pushed all in for 7bbs. The other table had a 4bb stack and an 8bb stack. Utg has been playing tight on the bubble but was somewhat loose earlier. He pushes all in and I have AQ on the button. His range here I believe was pairs 77+, AT-AK, KQ and possibly KJ. I think for a while and call. He tables AK and I'm basically out. The last few days I have lost some big hands with AQ and have been thinking I should fold AQ in that situation but couldn't do it there.

Any opinions on this hand are welcome.

4 comments:

BLAARGH! said...

you're 52% in that sitch. UTG is a typical place to shove with any Ax or Kx with about 4bb, but I'd be hesitant to call the tighty with 7bb. Now opening with AQo... a whole different matter :)

Jeremy said...

This same player pushed 15bbs all in with around 18 players left and I was in the BB with 22bbs. A short stack called and I held AJ. I folded and he showed KQo. My AJ would've won a big pot and I think that hand influenced my calling with AQ.

BLAARGH! said...

totally makes sense. you just happened to hit the high end of his range. But it still seems to me you're flipping at best for most of the range you assigned him and are only killing KQ, KJ and AJ. I guess the real question is, do you want to roach into the FT, or flip for a better stack... which you will have to do soon anyway at 10bb.
I'm completely impressed with your domination of this tourney btw - congrats, you'll take it down soon enough...

jamyhawk said...

Tough call, but I agree you are ahead of his range way more often than not.

I'd prob call also, especially after his earlier hand.